Metal braces are the most common type. They are made of high-grade stainless steel. Today's metal braces are smaller, more comfortable and more attractive.
Ceramic braces are made of translucent (clear) material. They are most popular with adult patients, due to their cosmetic appeal. The only drawbacks to ceramic brackets are that they are more fragile, and the elastic ties can discolor between orthodontic visits.
ClearCorrect™ is the clear, simple way to straighten your teeth without using traditional metal braces. The ClearCorrect invisible braces allow you to show off your outstanding smile all throughout your treatment!
The ClearCorrect aligners are custom-made, removable and clear, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can still eat and drink whatever you want, and you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- Your orthodontist will take impressions, photos and X-rays of your teeth and send these records and a prescription for your treatment plan to ClearCorrect.
- ClearCorrect uses the records to create 3-D models of your teeth. We follow the instructions on your prescription, and customize your ClearCorrect aligner treatment plan.
- You and your orthodontist can preview your projected treatment and results in a computerized “treatment set-up”.
- After you and your orthodontist approve your treatment plan, ClearCorrect will fabricate your custom aligners by digitally mapping and molding the aligners using computer precision.
- The aligners are sent to your orthodontist who will give them to you with instructions on how long to wear each aligner.
For more information, please visit the ClearCorrect™ website.
The Speed Appliance is a self-ligating device made from nickel titanium. This makes it easier to operate the opening and closing apertures, while offering you strong, reliable materials to make your treatment progress with efficiency and, as its name suggests, speed. In addition, because there are no ties to get in the way, patients have found it easier to keep clean, which results in better overall hygiene during the time of treatment.
The self-ligation also cuts down on patient discomfort and gets rid of the friction caused by other appliances. In addition, because it is small, it is less noticeable, which helps patients feel better about themselves as they move through the treatment process.